Parenting Time Expediting Training - October 2-3
with Andrea Niemi, JD, and Karen Irvin, PhD, LMFT
October 2 & 3, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
Early Registration (through Sept. 1): $545.00
Location: Mediation Center Classroom - Suite 180
7400 Lyndale Ave. S.
Richfield, MN 55423
10 standard & 2 ethics CLEs/ 12 Rule 114 CEs to be applied for
Gain an understanding of the Parenting Time Expediting process in this two-day training that covers the psychological, legal and practical aspects of resolving parenting time disputes. A Parenting Time Expeditor resolves parenting time disputes by clarifying and addressing parents' issues and concerns regarding an existing parenting time order and, when appropriate, makes determinations as to unresolved disputes between parents. A parenting time expeditor may be appointed to resolve a one-time parenting time dispute or to provide ongoing parenting time dispute resolution services.
Experienced trainers and ADR practitioners Karen Irvin, PhD, LMFT, and Andrea Niemi, JD, instruct participants on handling high conflict parents through the PTE process. Trainers will cover:
- the role of the Parenting Time Expeditor (PTE),
- emotional and psychological dynamics of parents and children in high conflict situations,
- Rule 114 Code of Ethics and the PTE statute,
- sample documents relevant to the process, such as appointing orders,
- orienting parties to the process,
- managing the PTE process, including decision making,
- addressing domestic abuse in PTE,
- protocols and fees,
- standards and best practices,
- drafting summaries and decisions, and
- avoiding and handling complaints.
Prerequisite: 40-Hour Family Mediation Training
Click here for a printable registration form if you prefer to mail in your registration with a check.
*Please note, the combined PTE and PC training includes one day of overlap. If you would like to learn more about Parenting Consulting Training, click here.