Basic and Advanced Civil Arbitration Training - June 7-8
with Mike Pitton, JD
June 7 & 8, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Early Registration (through May 14): $695.00
Location: Mediation Center Classroom - Suite 180
7400 Lyndale Ave. S.
Richfield, MN 55423
12 IA, MN, SD & NE CLE credits to be applied for
12 MN Rule 114 credits to be applied for
This basic and advanced Civil Arbitration Training course, with Michael Pitton, JD, an experienced attorney, adjunct law professor and ADR professional, will include an in-depth explanation and discussion of the Arbitration process (both binding and non-binding) from the initial appointment of an arbitrator to the issuance of an Arbitration Award. It is designed to benefit attorneys, arbitrators and mediators in their arbitration related practice, and will also satisfy the course requirements to gain eligibility for the Minnesota Rule 114 Adjudicative Neutral Rosters. The sessions will include the following topics:
- Pre-hearing processes and communications involving parties and the neutral;
- Comparison of roles as an adjudicative neutral versus a facilitative neutral;
- Hearing procedures including evidence, presentation of the case, witnesses, exhibits, objectives, awards and dismissals;
- Applicable rules, statutes and practices governing the arbitration process;
- Settlement techniques as well as management of presentations during early neutral evaluation procedures and moderated settlement conferences;
- Requirements for issuing an award; and
- Ethical considerations and standards of conduct for arbitrators.
To learn more about trainer Mike Pitton, please click here.
If you prefer to pay by check, please click here to download a registration form to mail in with a check.